Friday, February 7, 2014

5 for Friday


Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday



My class won an award!!!
I didn't know that there was such a thing as an AR Model Classroom, but there is! A lady from our school district came in my classroom on Monday and said "Your class is a model AR classroom!" So, I am bragging on my students' hard work in reading! This is the picture our Media Coordinator took for the school website. Also, we were 1 of only 7 classrooms in the WHOLE district who won this and met the criteria for the award! (And...I just realized that 3 of my students were out of the classroom for pull outs when we took the picture. Boo!!)



Science Center Came to School!





Another thing the LOVED this week. After much talking over each other to tell me about what all they did one of my students said, "Can we write about this?" My answer..."ABSOLUTELY!" (And was going to bring them home to read and forgot.)

Haircut


Lightened it up just a bit-preparing for SUMMER...yes, already. Hoping I will be brave enough next time to do something like this...




Not quite as light, but LOVE the cut! 




Tens and Ones "Scavenger Hunt"
 Here are the clue cards they had to look for. There were 10 sets of 2 cards that went together.
 This is the recording sheet. They had to write down the tens and ones from each characters' card in their section. Then they came up with a story problem using the tens and ones. Last, they had to write an equation to represent the problem.
Searching for cards to record
 Coming up with story problems

Finished product

It took a little longer than I thought it would, but they reallyreallyreally liked this activity.

"I Have, Who Has..." Tens and Ones (Can you tell what we were working on this week?)
Just a little sample of what I have been working on. We are going to do this Monday (we were supposed to do this today, but got behind this week...). There were several of these on TpT, but I really needed one to go along with our math curriculum.

UPDATE(Here is the link to this):
I have, Who has...Tens and Ones Freebie

And that is pretty much how the week went!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a model AR class. I think that is something to brag about. That means a lot of hard work is going on. I found your blog through the linky and so glad I did. I am your newest follower. I am also a second grade teacher. I would love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance. I can't wait to read more post. Thanks for sharing!!!

    Jamie

    PS - Super cute cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on the Five for Friday link up. I'm new to the blogging/selling/TPT thing and I'm a 2nd grade teacher too! I love your blog design. It is so fun and uncluttered!

    ReplyDelete