Friday, January 31, 2014

5 for Friday!!


This is my first time participating and I am super excited!

Number 1

SNOW DAYS!!!
 Lovely snow day selfie! :-P
 house and part of the driveway
  Rocco's first snow-He LOVED it! (Especially eating it!)

 

Number 2
I am almost done with Mid Year Assessments. I have to do writing with the whole class and then it is finished!!!!! My Reading 3D is done. (For now anyway. Next week we are back to Progress Monitoring, but I shall feel joy for the moment.) No need to say more. 


Number 3
My BLOG!! So, I am pretty new to the blogging scene. I have been reading up on tips and really trying to get my life together with my blog. :-) I have made a goal for myself to work on posting at least 1 time per week. I have found out that blogging actually brightens my day and lifts my spirits. It is just nice to try something new and gain a new hobby. I have also become so much more aware of the teacher blogging community and learned A LOT just in the last 2 weeks. Thank you fellow bloggers for all of your great resources and thoughts!

Number 4
TpT! I know my 5 this week is so far consisting of my new obsessions. I have been stuck at home all week and really haven't even seen my students or classroom. I will give them more shout-outs next week! LOL! 

So, not only have I been trying to learn about blogging, but I have been working on some new products for my TpT Store. I have dedicated a whole entire blog post to what I have been working on and will post it later.

Number 5
New Word Work options for Daily 5. I did steal all of these ideas, but they were so cute and my students got a chance to explore them all today while I finished up my testing. 

First, Spelling Battleship from Mrs. T's First Grade


Next, Ipad Spelling Click here for the Google Doc


Last, Mini Boggle Boards School Day Love



A big thanks to all of the people for sharing these awesome ideas with the rest of us!! 



So, that is my first Five for Friday. I am going to be looking at all these other amazing posts for inspiration for the future! Have a restful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. My kiddos LOVE boggle boards, and I always am so impressed with the words that they find!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my FIRST Five for Friday too! What teacher doesn't "steal" ideas?! Yay for being done with your reading mid-year assessment…bask in the glory and enjoy for as long as you can! It's such a great feeling! I'm your newest follower!

    :) Ash
    The Rolly Chair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog thanks to the Five for Friday linky and I stalked a few posts! It looks like your off to a great start. I look forward to reading more.
    Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Thanks for supporting me! You ladies have seriously made my day!! It feels good to put work into something and have someone take notice! I look forward to connecting with you in the future and can't wait to look through your blogs!

    ReplyDelete